The new business continuity standard ISO 22301 specifies requirements for setting up and managing an effective Business Continuity Management System (BCMS). It is auditable, enabling organisations to demonstrate compliance.
Benefits of ISO 22301
- Minimising risk - increased resilience when faced with organisational threat
- Resillience - enhanced capability to handle disruption and protect brand reputation when integrated with business planning
- Reducing costs - action plan rehearsals mean that, should the worst happen, the organisation's financial position is protected
Why choose LRQA for ISO 22301?
- LRQA has a long standing relationship with the Business Continuity Institute who are leaders in business continuity development.
Proven track record
- We have high profile clients in the IT, defence, government, justice and telecommunications sectors.
- LRQA has been carrying out assessments against business continuity standards for many years and our experience will benefit your organisation.
What is ISO 22301 certification?
Based on the BS 25999 standard, ISO 22301 introduces a requirement for metrics for business continuity management, as well as additional emphasis for BCMS operational planning and setting controls.
BS 25999 will be withdrawn, so new clients are assessed against ISO 22301. For companies that already have certification to BS 25999, the required transition to the new standard is relatively straightforward and can be done within the UKAS-dictated timeline.
Using industry best practice guide as a foundation, the standard has been introduced specifically to enable you to understand, develop and implement a structured and formalised Business Continuity Management system which will help minimise risk and so the chance of disruption to your organisation.